How Do I Accept Calendar Invitations in Google Calendar?
Google Calendar has a system aimed at tackling spam and unwanted meetings in users' calendars. This may affect invites sent using third-party tools, such as ACE Meetings.
As a result of this anti-spam system, you have the ability to filter your Google Calendar to display events solely from senders you know. However, you will still receive invitations from unknown senders, but they won't appear on your calendar until you accept them.
To ensure that meetings booked via ACE are automatically added to your calendar, follow these simple steps:
Change the default permissions in your Google Calendar Settings. Here's how to do that:
- Open Google Calendar and go to 'Settings'. You can find the 'Settings' menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the left-side menu, click on 'Event settings'.
- Click on 'Add invitations to my calendar' and from the drop-down menu select 'From everyone'.
Accept meeting invitations manually from unknown senders via email. Here's how to do that:
- Open the invitation email you received in your inbox.
- In the invitation email, click on the "I know the sender" button that you will find in a greyed text box at the top.
- Below, you will find the event invitation. Click "Yes" to add the meeting to your Calendar.